GA HB 10
Dangerous instrumentalities and practices; certain assault weapons; prohibit possession; provide for crimes; provide penalties
HB 10 was introduced (pre-filed in 2016) by Georgia Representative Mary Oliver [D] for the purpose of changing the types of guns and ammunition that citizens of the State have a right to own.
A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Article 4 of Chapter 11 of Title 16 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to dangerous instrumentalities and practices, so as to prohibit the possession, sale, transport, distribution, or use of certain assault weapons, large capacity magazines, armor-piercing bullets, and incendiary .50 caliber bullets; to provide for crimes involving the possession, sale, transport, distribution, or use of certain assault weapons, large capacity magazines, armor-piercing bullets, and incendiary .50 caliber bullets; to provide for criminal penalties; to provide for enhanced penalties for the possession and use of machine guns; to provide for definitions; to provide for exemptions; to provide for related matters; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.
Get more info here:
- HB 10 is similar to HB 731 introduced in the 2015-2016 session of the Legislature: http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/en-US/display/20152016/HB/731
- History: http://civilliberty.about.com/od/guncontrol/a/Second-Amendment-History.htm
- Legal Analysis: https://www.law.cornell.edu/anncon/html/amdt2_user.html
- Religious Analysis: http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/six-about-2nd.htm
- Pro Gun: https://www.georgiagunowners.org/2016/11/29/gun-confiscation-bill-introduced-in-georgia/
- News: http://www.11alive.com/news/local/get-ready-for-another-georgia-campus-carry-fight/364294875
- News: http://news.wabe.org/post/decatur-democrat-tries-again-assault-weapons-ban
- News: http://www.cbs46.com/story/32329916/grandmothers-fight-against-gun-violence
- News: https://chicagodefender.com/2016/01/20/georgias-fierce-firefight-over-assault-weapons/